Welcome to PTA Hässelby
at International English School Hässelby Strand, Stockholm, Sweden
Empowering parents to engage students
The PTA is a member-funded organisation of volunteering parents which, in cooperation with management and teachers at International English School Hässelby Strand works towards the students’ interests and the betterment of the overall school environment.
cooperation between classes in each year group and between the year groups.
Families with children and school staff at our school are welcome to join us.
200 kr / family / academic year 2021-2022
incl. all children you have at our school
Three reasons why
1/3 of the fee contributes to our key-activities such as lectures and Spring Fair.
The more we are the stronger engagement we show to our children.
Who we are and what we do
The current board
Chairman Vani Handa (y 7)
Deputy Chairman open
Accountant Maritha Andersson (y 9)
To be updated
What we do
- Open, operate and close each academic year with documented activity records, financial accounts and plans.
- Follow up with relevant issues and questions brought up by guardians through the established PTA channels (meetings, PTA mail contacts, etc).
- Set the calendar for the academic year with all PTA meeting dates
- Have PTA Board meetings at least 4 times per academic year
- Annual meeting in October
- Meetings in preparation for Spring Fair
- Organize and sponsor speakers / performances / other activities for the general benefit of guardians as well as students of IESH
- Document and publish minutes for each PTA meeting in SchoolSoft
- Manage the PTA accounts and disburs money from fees back to the relevant årskurskassa
Who we are
What we do
- plan fund raising activities
- plan social activities for the year group
- follow the budget
- communicate with the guardians
- assist in school wide activities
- attend the PTA meetings 1-2 times per term
Our events and activities
The program includes skill games and other fun activities designed by the students, international food, popcorn, snacks and pastries also baked by the students. It’s a great way to meet students who attend the school.
The Spring Fair takes place every year in the end of May starting at 11.00 and ending at 15.00.
Spring Fair Committee
The Spring Fair is organized by a PTA Spring Fair Committee with parents and guardians from year 8, one guardian from year 7, a PTA Board member and a school representative as members.
The committee involves all year groups and voluntary parents to set up, monitor and dismantle all the activities. The profits go to PTA but main part of them to benefit the year 8 students and their Dinner & Dance the following year.
Lucia & Christmas market
The evening ends with a separate Lucia procession for the students, their siblings and guardians, and the school staff in the aula.
Previous guest speakers
Anna Tebelius Bodin – ”Study strategies”
Niclas Ottosson – ”Cyberbullying and ethics online”
Maria Dufva – ”Social media”
Ben Pardo-Garcia – ”Growth Mindset”
Aaron Anderson – ”Realize dreams – about goals, motivation, teamwork and driving power”
Dinner and Dance
The idea of Majblomman is ”Children helps children”. You can read more about Majblomman at www.majblomman.se.
The first meeting takes place in October/November and the second in February between 18.00 and 20.00 at the school.
The school management starts the meeting by informing the attendees about what’s on at the school. Sometimes they give some advance information and they may also ask the attendees’ opinion in some specific issues. The PTA Representatives are given the opportunity to raise questions and give feedback from their year group’s guardians to the school management. The PTA Board continues the meeting to discuss current topics and plan upcoming events.
Parents' Information Evenings
In the end of each school presentation, the PTA holds a short presentation about its activities for each year group.
The evenings are ended by meetings per each class the mentors giving the guardians class specific information. These meetings are also to ask the guardians to volunteer as PTA Representatives.
Is your child a student at our school?
- minutes from our Board and PTA meetings
- how to pay the membership fee
- Swish and bank account no per each year group
- contact info to the PTA Representatives
- invitations to PTA events
Link to our Schoolsoft (opens in a new window)